This creamy, gluten free soup is the perfect companion for those cold autumn nights curled up on the sofa!
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 – 3 tsp. mild gluten-free curry powder
- 1 diced butternut squash
- 4 – 6 cups light vegetable broth
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot, over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and curry powder; stir and cook until the onion softens. Add the squash and broth. Cover the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until the squash is very soft and fork tender (around 30 minutes(. Add a bit more water if needed to avoid the squash sticking to the pot.
- Puree the soup until smooth. Stir in the maple syrup and coconut milk. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Warm through gently and serve.