Treat a loved one to a romantic home cooked meal this Valentine’s day with our scrumptious recipes.
9BAR nut roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100g mushrooms, brushed clean and diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 4 peanut 9BARS broken up
- 40g chopped peanuts
- 180g gluten free breadcrumbs
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Pumpkin seeds, for the top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Gently fry the chopped onions, mushrooms, celery, carrots and pepper in oil until softened.
- Add the beaten eggs, peanuts, 9bars and breadcrumbs and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture into the tin, pressing down into the corners. Scatter over some pumpkin seeds.
- Place in oven and roast for 1 hour, checking and covering the top if it’s starting to brown too much.
- Leave to set for about 10 minutes before taking it out of the tin and slicing.
Chocolate 9BAR Balls
- X2 Cocoa & Raspberry 9BARS
- 150g marzipan
- mini marshmallows
- 100g Melted milk chocolate
- Crumble two cocoa & raspberry 9BARS into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in 150g marzipan and a handful of mini marshmallows – enough so the crumbs all stick together
- Shape the mixture into golf ball sized balls and put a thin wooden kebab stick into each ball.
- Place in the fridge for 60 minutes to harden
- Melt 100g of chocolate and dip the balls into the chocolate.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 60 minutes.